Cash App helps you send money to family, friends, and retailers directly from your Android or iPhone. This popular mobile payment platform launched a Cash Card in 2017. The Cash Card enables users to spend their Cash App balance at eligible stores and withdraw money from ATMs across the US. The Cash Card is a Visa debit card that can be used to purchase goods and services from your Cash App account balance both offline and online. The Cash App card can be used as soon as you order it by adding it to Google Pay or Apple Pay or the card details available in the Cash Card tab. You can also have the advantage of re-design your card. Changing the design of a Cash App Card is a premium feature that enables you to select the desired color for your card, change your signature, add emojis as per your choice and differentiate the overall look of your card from others. The Cash App card functions just like any other prepaid debit card. When you add money to your Cash App balance, the balance will add to your Cash App card.
The Cash Card is just similar to your other debit card. You don’t need to open your Cash App on your mobile to perform any transaction. It is helpful for those Cash App users unable to initiate a transaction from their Cash App account due to a network issue or if they are running out of mobile battery. Cash App will reimburse the transaction fee if you use your Cash Card to withdraw money from an ATM with a fee, but only if your Cash Card receives a direct deposit of $50 or more in a month.
How to request a Cash Card
- Open Cash App on your Android or iPhone device and tap the Cash Card icon available at the bottom of the screen and second from the left icon.
- Now tap the “Order” button. It is a green button with a red rectangle line.
- In the next step, you need to choose the color of your Cash Card. There are only two colors black and white are there for your Cash Card.
- On the next page, you need to decide whether you would like your unique $Cashtag to be printed on the front of your Cash Card or not. Select the toggle with yes or no. If the color of the toggle is green, your $Cashtag will appear on the front of the card, and your $Cashtag will not appear on the front of the card if it is white.
- You also have the option here to insert your signature or a drawing as per your need on the front of your Cash Card. You can draw whatever you wish in the box with your finger or you can add an icon or letter with the help of a smiley face icon available at the bottom of the screen.
- On the next page, you need to provide your mailing address where you would like to receive your Cash Card.
- Now you need to confirm your first and last name which will be printed on your Cash Card on the following page and click “Next”,
- Now provide your age details. Please note that you need to be at least 18 years old to apply for a Cash Card.
- Provide the last four digits of your social security number and click “Next”.
- A pop-up screen will appear, confirming you have successfully requested your Cash Card.
- On this page, you will be redirected to a new page where you can add money to your Cash Card. Now, you can add your required amount of money to your Cash Card.
Once you placed the order, you need to wait for 10 business days to receive your Cash Card. You can only apply for a Cash Card if you have already completed at least 18 years of age. You can start using your Cash Card by adding your Google Pay or Apple Pay account. You can also use your Cash App Card with the card details available in the Cash Card tab.
How to activate Cash App card
You can apply for a Cash App card from your Cash App account. You need to activate once you received the Cash Card to start using the services. There are two ways by which you can activate your new Cash App card, the first is to activate the Cash App card using the QR code and the second way is to activate the Cash App card without a QR code.
To activate Cash App card using the QR code
You will initially receive an activation QR code with your new Cash App card. You need this QR code to activate your card by following the below easy steps.
- Open Cash App on your Android or iPhone device and tap the Cash Card icon located at the bottom of the Cash App home screen.
- Tap on “Activate Cash Card” to initiate the process.
- The Cash App will ask your permission to allow the camera of the phone to scan the QR code available on your Cash App card.
- Hold your phone above and align your camera with the QR code until it successfully captures the OR information. Your Cash App card will be activated and ready to use once it successfully captured the QR code.
How to activate Cash App card without a QR code
You can still activate your Cash App card without a QR code if you have not received or lost your QR code. You need to follow the below easy steps to complete the process swiftly:
- Open Cash App on your Android or iPhone device and tap the Cash Card icon located at the bottom of the screen and second from the left icon.
- Click on “Activate Cash Card” to initiate the process.
- Now search for the “Help” tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Instead of using your mobile phone camera, click on the “Missing OR code” button and select “Use CVV Instead” from the available list.
- Enter the CVV code along with the expiry date of your Cash Card. Now your new Cash Card is active and ready to use.