Cash App has emerged as one of the most popular money transfer application in the last few years and become prime money transfer service provider in short duration of time. It is a useful app for sending money to family, friends or other contact with the help of your phone or with Cash App website. It has greatly reduced the problems of the people by providing a robust and digital platform for transferring the money.
Its popularity can be seen with a fact that it has millions of satisfied registered users. It has gained nearly 7 million users till 2018 due to its ease of use and instant services. The unsatisfied users of Cash App usually search option to delete this app. You may want to delete this app because you simply don’t use it anymore further or you have found another similar app that is more useful or easy to use as compared to this app. Cash App can’t be simply deleted from your home screen like a regular app and as it is also linked with your bank account, so you require to follow some steps to delete this app completely from your phone. If you simply remove this as a regular app, your cash app account remains in active mode and your bank account will still available on file.
Points to be noted before deleting your Cash App account
- You must always remember that you won’t be able to check your payment history once you have deleted or deactivated your Cash App account. So, you are suggested to download your payment history and keep this record with you, if you need it for future use.
- Before cancelling your Cash App account, ensure that you have done your all pending payment and transactions. As you can’t delete your account if there is any pending transaction exists in your account.
- You are suggested to unsubscribe or cancel your Cash App subscription in order to stop any upcoming monthly bill before deleting or deactivating your Cash App account.
Steps to delete your Cash App account on Cash App website
- Open the Cash App official website and login to your Cash App account with your phone number or your email address that you have initially provided while opening your account with Cash App.
- After successfully logged in to your account, you will be automatically redirected to the account dashboard from where you need to request for a sign in code by clicking the “Request sign-in code” button. On clicking the button a code will be instantly sent to you either via SMS or email depending on the details that you have initially provided while opening your account with Cash App.
- Confirm your identity by entering the verification code and then click on “Sign In” tab.
- After successfully sign in your account, go to Account & Settings and then open personal information tab. The next step you should follow is to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Delete Account” tab.
- After that you will be directed to another page where you need to provide the reason for deleting your account. You need to select the most suitable reason and proceed further by clicking “Continue” tab. You should ensure that the confirmation message must contain your complete name, correct your phone number and email address.
- Once you have confirmed your request, your request for account deletion will get submitted and the Cash App customer support team will get in touch with you for any additional information needed. After complete verification of your account deletion request, the support team will confirm the successfully deletion of your Cash App account.
Steps to delete your Cash App account with your mobile device
You can also alternatively delete your Cash App account with the help your phone on the platform’s application. This method is rather easy than to delete the account on Cash App website.
- Open the Cash App on your mobile device. The icon of this app is green with a white dollar sigh.
- If you have money left in your account, don’t forget to transfer this remaining balance to your bank account before you move further. You can transfer your money by tapping amount figure available in the bottom left corner and then select “Cash Out” option.
- To display the Account Menu, tap on the circular icon on the upper right hand corner. This is a circle icon resembling a person’s head.
- You need to scroll down on the menu and tap on “Support”. The icon of this option is a question mark symbol.
- Tap on “Something Else” at the bottom of the new menu option.
- Further scroll down on the “Something Else” menu and then tap on ‘Account Settings.’
- Scroll to the option labeled as “Close my Cash App Account” in the “Account Settings” menu. It should be located fourth from the bottom.
- Tap on the next option “Confirm Closing Account”. This option is just to verify that you wish to delete your Cash App account. You will be then signed out of the Cash App. A confirmation notification will be sent to you through SMS or email that you have successfully deleted your account.
- Back to your device home screen to permanently delete the app. Hold down the app for a short while.
- The app will start to shake on your screen. After that you can delete the app from your device permanently.
With above to ways, you will be able to delete your Cash App account on the cash app website and your mobile device vey easily. You also have found that deleting your Cash App account just involved few steps and is very simple process. You need to just follow the above mentioned steps and you will able to successfully delete this app.